I’m working on a criminal justice report and need guidance to help me understand better.
Prompt: The response and analysis sections are the final two sections of your SARA report. In the response section, which you outlined in the Module Six journal assignment, you will review a strategy currently being used to respond to the threats presented by the terrorist organization, and propose changes or enhancements to the strategy to be piloted in your regional fusion center. In the assessment section, you will explain how you will measure the effectiveness of the counterterrorism efforts proposed.
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
III. Response: In this section, you will review a strategy currently being used to respond to the threats presented by the terrorist organization, and propose changes or enhancements to the strategy to be piloted in your regional fusion center.
A. Current Strategies
1. Describe a current counterterrorism strategy used in the United States for addressing your selected terrorist organization. Include both the short- and long-term goals of the strategy.
2. Referring to what you have learned about the terrorist organization’s methods and motivation, explain the strengths and weaknesses of the counterterrorism strategy in mitigating the organization’s actions (e.g., Where is it aligned with the known methods and motivations of the organization? Where does it fall short)?
3. Determine how effective the current counterterrorism strategy has been in addressing and mitigating the threats posed by the terrorist organization. Include evidence to support your conclusion.
B. Strategy Recommendations
1. Propose changes or enhancements to the current counterterrorism strategy to address the weaknesses that you identified.
2. Defend how these changes will enhance the protection of your region from the terrorist organization.
3. Explain the potential global impact of these changes. Be sure to defend your response.
4. Explain what your regional fusion center will need in terms of tools, resources, and training to implement these changes. 5. Determine specific ways in which your fusion center could use the media to support the objectives of the strategy.
IV. Assessment: In this section, you will explain how you will measure the effectiveness of the counterterrorism efforts proposed above
A. Explain the desired outcomes of your proposed counterterrorism strategy.
B. Describe what sort of data will be needed to measure the ongoing performance of your counterterrorism strategy recommendations.
C. Propose specific benchmarks that can be used to determine if the strategy is on track to achieve the desired outcomes.