This discussion forum will be assessed on a 10-point scale and is worth 5% of your final grade.
Design a Quantitative Study [WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 5] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read the instructor guidance, the quantitative section of Chapter 7 and all of Chapter 8 in the Creswell and Creswell text, the chapter by Meltzoff and Cooper titled Chapter 6: Research Designs and Threats to Internal Validity Links to an external site., and the article by Henrich et al. titled Most People Are Not WEIRD Links to an external site.. Also review Standard 8 of the APA Ethical Principles for Psychologists and Code of Conduct Links to an external site.from last week. Your instructor will post an announcement with the assigned research question. You and your colleagues will share ideas about how to research this topic using a quantitative approach.
In your initial post, consider the following guidelines and questions:
- Apply the scientific method by developing a null and an alternative hypothesis that provide potential answers to the research question.
- Review the quantitative research designs in the required readings and choose one that is suitable for your research question and hypotheses. Explain why this choice is most appropriate to test your hypotheses.
- Describe the target population, the desired sample, and any cultural considerations that may be involved.
- Identify potential internal and external threats to validity. Explain how you might mitigate these threats.
- Determine ethical issues that would need to be addressed. Explain what you would do to ensure an ethical study.
Continue to monitor the discussion forum until 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time (MT) on Day 7 of the week and respond to anyone who replies to your initial post.
Search entries or author Filter replies by unreadUnread Collapse replies Expand replies Subscribe ReplyReply to Week 2 – Discussion Forum 2