The Digestive System
Utilizing knowledge from your learning and assigned readings, respond to the following questions:
- Identify and describe the six major processes involved in gastrointestinal activity.
- What role do hormones play in hunger and satiety?
- Outline the usual pathway for digestion and absorption of triglycerides (fats).
- Explain the role of the hormones cholecystokinin and secretin in regulating the release of bile and pancreatic juices.
- Why is it necessary for the stomach contents to be so acidic? How does the stomach protect itself from digestion?
- Identify three ways the small intestine is modified to increase the surface area for digestion and absorption.