Managers in health care have a legal and moral obligation to ensure high standards of quality and patient safety. As a healthcare leader, you are in a prime position to mandate policy, systems, and procedures, and to influence organizational climates. Health care managers possess an essential role in the quality of care and patient safety. Indeed, these are among the highest priorities for health care managers.
You are the Director of Quality at Trident International Hospital. You have been tasked to create a presentation to present to a group of healthcare managers at an annual training event. Based on the background readings and additional research, in an 8- to 10-slide PowerPoint (PPT) presentation, provide the following:
- Define quality in relation to internal and external consumers.
- Explain the role of healthcare leaders in regard to quality and patient safety.
- Identify 2 or 3 managerial influences on quality (e.g., driving improvement culture, goal setting, providing feedback on corrective actions for adverse events, etc.)
- Compare and contrast CQI (TQM) and Six Sigma (Lean) approaches to quality improvement. Provide a real-world example in a health care organization of where you believe one would be preferable to another.
Speaker’s notes are required for each slide. Much of the information presented on the slides should be concise and explained in detail through your speaker notes.
Be sure that you do not cut and paste material into your slides, but use proper quotations where needed, and also citations for all reference materials.
Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support the design of your PPT.
- Limit your total PPT to a maximum of 10 slides, not including your title and reference slides.