just 300 word.
Rhetorical Analysis Questions
What is the purpose of this document?
· How can you tell what the purpose of the document is from looking at the document itself, or where it was published?
· What seems to be the main argument or point of the document?
· What are the different kinds of support or evidence used in the document?
· How does the document connect with the goals/purposes of the discourse community?
Who is the intended primary audience of this document?
· How do you know who the audience is, from looking at the document itself, or where it was published?
· What does that audience value? How does the author appeal to those values?
· Does the writer acknowledge the audience’s possible opposing views, experiences, or beliefs? Where does this happen in the document?
· What other audiences (secondary, tertiary) might use this document?
How does the author present her/himself to the audience through the document?
· What is the writer’s tone? What specific passages and words lead you to this conclusion?
· Does the writer directly address the audience through the use of pronouns such as “we” or “you”? Why or why not?
· Does the writer refer to him or herself in the first person (i.e. “I”)? Why or why not?
· In what ways does the writer gain credibility with the intended audience?
What genre is this document? How can you tell?
· Does the genre use subheadings, sections, etc.? How are they ordered?
· How does the writer introduce the main ideas?
· How does the writer conclude his or her arguments or points?
· What formats of communication does the author use? Prose? Images? Charts? Why do you think the author uses those formats?
· How is the argument arranged? For example, do conclusions come after all the evidence is presented? Does the writer present the main claim or conclusion first and then follow with evidence?
· What types of outside data does the writer include? How important is this source material to the purpose of the document?
· How does the writer give attribution for this source material?
What outside factors influence the creation or interpretation of this document? Where are they shown in the document?
· When was this document created and why would that matter?
· Where was this document created and why would that matter?
· Why was the document created? Why would the author think it’s important?
· How might the historical, geographical, social, or cultural setting of the audience affect their reading?