Instructional and engagement strategies need to be implemented with purpose to create meaningful learning experiences for students. When strategies are well planned, they help promote higher-order thinking skills that engage and motivate students in the learning process.
During this field experience, you will assist your mentor teacher with a lesson of his or her choice. Specifically you will interact with students as you increase student engagement in the lesson.
Allocate 4 hours in the field to support the field experience.
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the mentor teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
After you have assisted with the lesson, discuss your experience with your mentor teacher. In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect on your experience.
The reflection should include, but not be limited to:
Methods and Strategies:
- What methods and strategies were employed, either by you or your mentor teacher, to increase student engagement?
- Which instructional methods were used by you and the mentor teacher?
Role with Students:
- What was your role with students?
- How did students engage with the lesson?
Equitable Student Interaction:
- If the lesson involved collaborative work, how did you or your mentor teacher foster equitable student interaction? If it did not, could the lesson be modified to include collaborative work?
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.