I’m trying to learn for my History class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
- In what ways did the Progressive presidents promote the expansion of American power overseas?
- How did the United States get involved in World War I?
- How did the United States mobilize resources and public opinion for the war effort?
- How did the war affect race relations in the United States?
- Why was 1919 such a watershed year for the United States and the world?
- Who benefited and who suffered in the new consumer society of the 1920s?
- In what ways did the government promote business interests in the 1920s?
- Why did the protection of civil liberties gain importance in the 1920s?
- What were the major flash points between fundamentalism and pluralism in the 1920s?
- What were the major policy initiatives of the New Deal in the first Hundred days of the Roosevelt Administration?
- Who were the main proponents of economic justice in the 1930s and what measures did they advocate?
- What were the major initiatives of the Second New Deal, and how did they differ from the First New Deal?
- How did the New Deal recast the meaning of American freedom?
- How did the New Deal apply to women and minorities?
- What were the causes of the Great Depression, and how effective were the government’s responses by 1932?