I’m working on a environmental science question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Each community or location faces water issues specific to its region, related to quantity (too little; flooding; location), quality or future needs. The purpose of this discussion is to investigate water protection groups or activities that you are concerned about and reflect on what is being done to protect the water in your area.
Search a location that is important to you and find about a water protection group or activity that you feel passionately about.
In your discussion post, please include the following:
- Post the link to either the group website or an article about the group or their activity.
- Write one paragraph about how this group or activity is benefitting the water quality in the area that you chose.
- Consider the following question when you are writing your post: What is being done to protect the water that you care about?
Please review the discussion rubric for how you will be assessed on this discussion. needs to be 500 words
Here is an example of what is expected in this discussion
Example discussion post:
- It Takes People: FRk Needs You! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSj4DI9xQ2w
- Drink Up – Shoalie IPA Benefits Flint Riverkeeper – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NycyYuTuWiw
Flint Riverkeeper protects the Flint River by many different efforts. Currently, FrK has partnered with a local brewery in Albany, Georgia called Pretoria Fields to develop a beer called the Shoalie. The name of the beer is called the Shoalie after the Shoal Bass that has experienced population decline due to dam construction on the Flint River. A portion of the proceeds from each beer purchased goes to the activities of the Flint Riverkeepers that are keeping this River pristine.