An offbeat or humorous story that typically appears at the end of a newscast. Producers can use the kicker to fill time at the end of the show or they can easily kill it to save time if they are running short. Kickers can be Copy, VO, VO/SOT, or Packages.
Find me a kicker. Search the internet for a piece of news that is HAPPY, upbeat, entertaining, funny or strange.
1) Submit the title of the story
2) Submit a link to the story or video.
3) Summarize what the kicker is about
4) Tell me the time (video time) or how long it takes to read it.
5)Tell me the type of story
A) Word Counter – https://www.charactercountonline.com/
2)Words to time – https://wordstotime.com/
1) Title: Leprechaun in Mobile, Alabama
3)Summary: Locals think they see a leprechaun in a tree
1) Title: Oregon Police Remind Residents: Don’t Call 911 If You Run Out Of Toilet Paper
3)Summary: People upset that their local store has run out of toilet paper have been dialing emergency 911 to ask the police to fix the problem.
5)Type:Copy or VO
1) Title: “Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19”
3)Summary: Corona Virus caused many people to cancel on a couple’s wedding. They decided to fill the empty seats with cardboard cutouts of people
5)Type:COPY or VO