- Read the University of Arizona Global Campus Catalog Academic Integrity (Links to an external site.) and Academic Integrity Violations (Links to an external site.)sections.
- Read Module 5 in your course textbook.
- Find a piece of online writing that uses information unethically. For example, it might be a source that fabricates information, a photo or graphic that is altered in misleading way, an example of deceptive Internet advertising, or some other type of unethical use of information.
- Identify two key elements of the catalog’s Academic Integrity (Links to an external site.) and Academic Dishonesty (Links to an external site.) sections and describe how you feel these elements are important to you as a scholar and professional.
- Explain how the online writing or graphic you chose uses information unethically. In your explanation, be sure to refer to the two key elements you identified in the previous step.
- Develop a strategy for how you, as a scholar, could avoid making this same ethical mistake?
Your initial post must be at least 350 words and address all of the prompt’s elements.
You must cite and reference any sources that you use in your posts, including your textbook or any other sources of information that you use.