Online Food Ordering Database – Task 4
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapter 7: Introduction to Structure Query Language (SQL) from the course text. This week you will develop the fourth task for the Online Food Ordering Database Project due in Week 5. In Week 1, you were asked to start reviewing the latest version of PHPMyAdmin.
PHPMyAdmin (Links to an external site.) is a free open source application that is designed to administer the database management system (DBMS) – MySQL. PHPMyAdmin is a web-based interface with which you can administer your server MySQL, run commands, and view the contents of tables and databases through a browser.
For this assignment, you will use PHPMyAdmin to implement the normalized database you did in the Week 3 assignment including the following:
- Implement all tables, fields, and relationships, and add appropriate constrains on some of the fields (e.g., numbers cannot be negative; dates cannot be in the future unless the requirement specify otherwise).
Assign primary and foreign keys to ensure data integrity and perform faster queries.
Generate an ER diagram from the implemented database.
Write SQL queries to add some data into the implemented tables.
Once you have completed Task 4, you must provide the following in a Word document and submit through the Waypoint grading system:
- A screen shot of all developed tables in your database
- A screen shot of the ER diagram
- A screen of the SQL queries you used to populate data. Be sure also to provide a screen shot for the tables after the data is populated. Note: You should use “Select * from table_name” to view the content of the table
- In addition to the screen shots,
Describe Data Definition Language (DDL) insert, update, delete. Your description should be a minimum of 600 words.
Provide at least one example.
- Describe inner join, sum, and ordered by. Your description should be a minimum of 600 words.
- Provide at least one example.
- The Online Food Ordering Database – Task 4 paper
Must include a screen shot, short description, and examples of Task 4.
Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Must use at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed, and/or credible sources in addition to the course text.
The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.