Prior to beginning work on this assignment, visit the University of Arizona Global Campus Library’s ART101: Week 3 Assignment, web page and go through the Art Identifying Movements (Links to an external site.) interactive, reading the descriptions for each movement.
This week, you will curate an art gallery specific to an artist of your choice. To prepare for this project, you will select an artist and examine their movement or period, region, and individual style. Your artist can be from one of the movements you looked at previously, or they can be from a different movement. To research your artist, go to the University of Arizona Global Campus Library’s ART101: Week 3 Assignment web page you may also draw from your textbook, the Art Identifying Movements (Links to an external site.) interactive, and other resources for this class.
In your paper, outline the following information:
- Include the name of your artist.
- Provide a brief biography of your artist.
- Include one work of art from your artist, including the full APA-formatted reference.
- A work that you have already examined elsewhere in this class is acceptable for this assignment. (For your final gallery presentation, you will need to find five works from your artist, so make sure you are able to do this before deciding which artist you will focus on.)
- Explain the different materials, methods, techniques, and subjects in your artist’s work.
- Describe how these elements were emblematic of the movement your artist was a part of, the region they were from, and the artist’s individual style.