Write a 1,200-word essay arguing your side of one of the following topics:
1) Does the United States have a fair tax system?
2) Are cell phones dangerous?
3) Should members of Congress have term limits?
4) Should prisoners be allowed to vote?
5) Is Facebook a great invention or the end of privacy?
6) Are space explorations worth the time and money invested in them?
Once you have chosen your topic, develop a strong thesis to indicate your belief about the subject. Then, following all the information you have read。 Remember that you must use at least 2 sources and they must be included in the text of your paper and listed on your Works Cited page. Also, complete all assignments and activities as instructed. Remember that this is a paper based on opinion but using documented information so do not use Personal Pronouns.
- Make sure to get the topic or question correct. You get no points for effectively arguing a case you weren’t asked to make.
- Support your argument with good reason. …
- Use good support for your view. …
- Deal with disagreement. …（use one paragraph to discuss the disagreement）
- Be clear, yet concise. …
- This paper should be written in six paragraphs.